Want to learn more about working at SD Associates? Watch the Hire Up video with Seven Days: click here.
Submit contact information using the form at the bottom of this page if interested in employment, or request additional information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – please attach a resume to your message.
Job Description: Behavioral Instructor
***Please specify if applying for full-time or part-time positions.
If you have experience in the following fields, please consider applying: Customer Service, Sales, Education, Healthcare, Business, Human Services, Marketing, Communications, Maintenance, Government work and any other unrelated field.
This is an entry level position and we do all the training right on the job.
Looking to become a Registered Behavior Technician? We’ll help you become one!
SD Associates is a private company that is committed to providing evidence-based services to support durable and generalized learning for individuals with developmental disabilities, such as those on the Autism spectrum. Our company adheres to the practice of applied behavior analysis (ABA), the science of human behavior.
We are currently seeking compassionate, energetic behavioral instructors (BIs) (sometimes called Behavior Interventionists or Technicians with other organizations) who are dependable, professional and enthusiastic, and who have a strong commitment to co-workers, clients and their families. The BI role is the most important, influential and valued position in our company. They are the individuals who work each day to make impactful, positive behavioral changes for the population that we serve.
BIs work under the supervision of a behavior analyst and/or special education teacher to implement a client’s individualized behavior support plan (BSP), individualized education plan (IEP) and/or individualized service agreement (ISA). BIs provide direct support to clients who have mild to severe behavioral disorders and developmental disabilities and exhibit complex and potentially intense aggressive and self-injurious behaviors.
BIs teach functional communication and social skills, motor and play skills, and cognitive and self-care skills, while reducing interfering challenging behavior. We serve clients as young as preschool age through early adulthood. Our BIs also work across a variety of settings, including our own clinic and school settings, public schools, homes and the communities in which our clients live. However, working in homes is largely on pause due to the current Covid-19 pandemic.
All BIs receive comprehensive training and regular supervision in ABA, which includes a 40- hour Registered Behavior Technician course from the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB). BIs receive training in all areas of ABA, including (but not limited to) discrete trial teaching techniques, prompt hierarchies, prevention and management of challenging behaviors, social skills development, naturalistic learning techniques and data collection. Additionally, the BI receives weekly training and supervision from their team behavior analyst.
SD Associates maintains a strong commitment to promoting employees within our company. Employees have opportunities to advance their careers within our company, with positions for
those progressing along an ABA clinical path, as well as those pursuing an administrative direction. Most clinicians and administrative staff at SD Associates have grown within the company from the BI position.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SD Associates has implemented extensive safety and cleaning procedures, under the guidance of the CDC and the Vermont Department of Health to help ensure the health and well-being of our clients and staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of some higher education and experience in the field preferred
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance and a vehicle that can transport clients in the back seat and the ability to travel within 45 minutes of our Williston location. We serve a wide foot print in Northern Vermont.
- Ability to clear a background check
- Covid-19 vaccination preferred
- Physical fitness and coordination
- Strong communication skills
- For full time: Flexibility in schedule between the hours of 7:30 and 5:30, Mon-Fri
- For part time: Typically around 15 hours per week, session times can be full or half day starting as early as 8:00am and ending by 3:30pm, M-F.
- Flexibility in day-to-day changes, including daily schedule (for full time)
- Ability to manage multiple details and work well in high-pressure situations
- Data collection for multiple measures/skills with attention to detail
- Maintain physical fitness and, upon completion of training, demonstrate physical prevention and redirection techniques to certification criteria
- Willingness to implement/assist with personal care routines with clients of varying age groups
Job Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
- Implement a BSP using ABA techniques
- Observe and record behavior data
- Assist clients with daily living skills
- Implementation of physical interventions, when necessary
- Maintain focus and attention for long periods of time
- Follow written plans and protocols with accuracy
- Teach a wide range of discrimination and communication skills
- Collaborate with team members and participate in team meetings.
- Provide personal care (when necessary) and teaching personal care skills
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Personal Time Off
- Unplanned Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Staff Wellness Days
- Paid Family Sick Time
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) – A free and confidential service, which counsels and advises on a variety of topics
- A guaranteed year-round 36 working hours per week depending upon assignment (including through school and summer vacations) (with the option to work up to 40 hours)
- 401K after 6 months employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone stipend
- Initial training and on-going supervision for RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification
- A profile with our company Work Tango account, a rewards recognition system where employees have the opportunity to earn points for a variety of rewards, including (but not limited to) gift cards to various establishments, charitable donations, time off for charity work and company-specific rewards
- A WeCU Savings Account – The company contributes $1,000 per year of employment at SD Associates (up to $3,000) for reimbursement on 10 different wellness and professional growth categories.
For more information about our company please visit our website – Sdplus.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting hourly wage varies from $18.39 to $24.33 per hour, depending on level of education and experience working under a BCBA. Bachelor’s degree rate with no experience is $20.61 hour.’
Work Remotely: No
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
COVID-19 considerations: We follow all state and CDC guidance regarding Covid-19
Sd Associates is an equal-opportunity employer. If interested please respond to this ad with a resume and letter of interest emailed to email@example.com – we are currently hiring for positions with clients of all ages and in a variety of locations including Williston, Essex, Fairfax, Montpelier, and Windsor areas.