Want to learn more about working at SD Associates? Watch the Hire Up video with Seven Days: click here.
Submit contact information using the form at the bottom of this page if interested in employment, or request additional information by emailing email@example.com – please attach a resume to your message.
Job Description: Behavioral Instructor
SD Associates is a private company that is committed to providing evidence-based services to support durable and generalized learning for individuals with developmental disabilities. Our company adheres to the practice of applied behavior analysis (ABA), the science of human behavior.
We are currently seeking compassionate, energetic behavioral instructors (BIs) who are dependable, professional and enthusiastic, and who have a strong commitment to co-workers, clients and their families. The BI role is the most important, influential, and valued position in our company. They are the individuals who work each day to make impactful, positive behavioral changes for the population that we serve.
BIs work under the supervision of a behavior analyst and/or special education teacher to implement a client’s individualized behavior support plan (BSP), individualized education plan (IEP), and/or individualized service agreement (ISA). BIs provide direct support to clients who have mild to severe behavioral disorders and developmental disabilities and exhibit complex and potentially intense aggressive and self-injurious behaviors.
BIs teach functional communication and social skills, motor and play skills, and cognitive and self-care skills while reducing interfering challenging behavior. We serve clients as young as preschool age through early adulthood. Our BIs also work across a variety of settings, including our own clinic and school settings, public schools, homes, and the communities in which our clients live. However, working in homes is largely on pause due to the current Covid-19 pandemic.
All BIs receive comprehensive training and regular supervision in ABA, which includes a 40- hour Registered Behavior Technician course from the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB). BIs receive training in all areas of ABA, including (but not limited to) discrete trial teaching techniques, prompt hierarchies, prevention and management of challenging behaviors, social skills development, naturalistic learning techniques, and data collection. Additionally, the BI receives weekly training and supervision from their team behavior analyst.
SD Associates maintains a strong commitment to promoting employees within our company. Employees have opportunities to advance their careers within our company, with positions for those progressing along an ABA clinical path, as well as those pursuing an administrative direction. Most clinicians and administrative staff at SD Associates have grown within the company from the BI position.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SD Associates has implemented extensive safety and cleaning procedures, under the guidance of the CDC and the Vermont Department of Health to help ensure the health and well-being of our clients and staff members.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a combination of some higher education and experience in the field preferred
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and a vehicle that can transport clients in the back seat.
- Ability to clear a background check
- Physical fitness and coordination
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility in schedule between the hours of 7:30 and 5:45
- Flexibility in day-to-day changes, including daily schedule
- Ability to manage multiple details and work well in high-pressure situations
- Data collection for multiple measures/skills with attention to detail
- Maintain physical fitness and, upon completion of training, demonstrate physical prevention and redirection techniques to certification criteria
- Willingness to implement/assist with personal care routines with clients of varying age groups
Job Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
- Implement a BSP using ABA techniques
- Observe and record behavior data
- Assist clients with daily living skills
- Implementation of physical interventions, when necessary
- Maintain focus and attention for long periods of time
- Follow written plans and protocols with accuracy
- Teach a wide range of discrimination and communication skills
- Collaborate with team members and participating in team meetings.
- Provide personal care (when necessary) and teaching personal care skills
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Personal Time Off
- Unplanned Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) – A free and confidential service, which counsels and advises on a variety of topics
- A guaranteed year-round 36-37.5 working hours per week depending upon assignment (including through school and summer vacations)
- 401K after 6 months employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone stipend
- Free fitness opportunities through 2 different local establishments
- Discounted car insurance and homeowner’s/renter’s insurance
- Initial training and ongoing supervision for RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification
- A yearly bonus for maintaining the RBT certification
- A profile with our company Kazoo account, a rewards recognition system where employees have the opportunity to earn points for a variety of rewards, including (but not limited to) gift cards to various establishments, charitable donations, time off for charity work, and company-specific rewards
- Tuition reimbursement for coursework required for BCaBA or BCBA certification or continuing professional development
- Supervision for BCaBA or BCBA certification requirements
Safety and Health Precautions Currently Practiced (not exhaustive):
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks of all staff and clients
- Extensive enhanced cleaning procedures, which occur regularly throughout the day
- Regular hygiene breaks
- Facial mask policy for all staff and students or mask goal implementation for students
- Additional PPE equipment including face shields
- Specific staggered schedules by region to ensure minimal exposure and close contact
- Building and room capacity restrictions
- Building airflow requirements
For more information about our company please visit Sdplus.org/what-we-do.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting hourly wage varies from $17.00 – $20.00 per hour, depending on the level of education. Bachelor’s degree rate is $19.06 per hour.
Sd Associates is an equal opportunity employer. If interested please respond to this ad with a resume and letter of interest emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org – we are currently hiring for positions with clients of all ages and in a variety of locations including Williston, Essex, Fairfax, Montpelier, and Windsor areas.